Tuesday, September 14, 2010

forget about your worries and your strife

One of my favourite films when I was a kid was the Disney adaptation of Kipling's The Jungle Book. I adored Baloo the bear, and I often sing 'The Bare Necessities' with the two girls. Baloo was the big brother I never had- charming, relaxed, and probably smoking truck loads of jungle marijuana off camera. I loved him as only children can love a two dimensional talking ursine cartoon.

And now his brother watches me as I put away my bosses impeccably ironed shirts. I think he's there roaring to scare me away from storing creases. He's also probably presenting me with my only option in life to make love on a bear skin rug, although I think the man I'm seeing might have a problem with sex in the home of a madman atop a beloved children's character. There goes that dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment